Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Chianti


Originally, I had planned to write about each country in one post, but we just did too much in Italy to confine it to a post any reasonable person would want to read (you still don't want to scroll through an inordinate amount of pictures in separate posts, you say? Nonsense). Since I spent a lot of time exploring different parts of Italy while studying abroad last fall, going to Chianti wine country this time around was one of my favorites as I never made it last year. The day included what should have been an easy hike that was made excessively demanding by the ruthless heat, unbelievably beautiful views, a tour of a 13th century winery in a family villa, and a roughly 3-hour long family style meal complete with wine and olive oil tasting. So basically an Italophile wino's dream day. You know, if you know any of those (me. That's me). 







No comments:

Post a Comment