Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Mug cakes

My addiction to mug cakes has gotten way out of hand. Yes, they are exactly what they sound like: a warm, chocolate-y mug full of cake. Only better, because you can add things like peanut butter and marshmallows and magic (what? Well, it seems like magic) and it's done in about 5 minutes. Or 10. It really depends how complex you want to get.

ALSO. They're personal sized. I am the kind of person who, if I make a pan of cupcakes, I will promptly eat half. It's not good. But, if I only have one mug full of cake, it is pretty likely that is all I will eat. Of course, the fact that I can make them whenever the craving strikes (always), is maybe not so helpful in the argument for their health benefits. But that is really neither here nor there.

What is important here, is this:



And this:




And, of course, this:


Quick rundown (since you'd be crazy to not be running to make one right now): My favorite recipe is the top one (I make it sans egg and sprinkle powdered sugar and milk chocolate pieces on top), but the easiest is the middle (just 3 ingredients!). Interestingly, the crazy decadent looking bottom one was not as great as I dreamed...my biggest tips with these babies is do not overcook them, or the texture will be all wrong.

Now, go crazy!

No comments:

Post a Comment