Thursday, September 13, 2012

Barcelona



Ah, the city that stole my heart as well as my iPhone: Barcelona. There are not a lot of places in the world that I would consider a fair trade to spend time in in exchange for my phone, but Barcelona, apparently, is one of them. The weather was beautiful, the architecture stunning in a totally unique way, the beach immaculate and enormous, the nightlife lived up to its ridiculous reputation (we went to a beautiful club right on the beach), and I even liked the Spanish food (although we might have had pizza every day too. Oops). 


The views from Parc Guell were incomparable. 


Look closely; I'm hiding in the bottom of the picture :)


We went on a bike tour! Debatably recommended. The sights were gorgeous (tons of Gaudi architecture), but biking uphill in 80something degree weather, it turns out, isn't ideal. 


La Sagrada Familia...absolutely unbelievable. The detail on the building is mind-blowing. Also, I might be the only person who didn't realize that it's still under construction. 



Gaudi architecture around the city...I'm in love. 

Biking Barcelona.



Endless stretch of sand and sea. Apparently, they imported the sand from Egypt for the Olympics back in the 80s -- fun fact!

On our last night, we went to see flamenco dancers -- I didn't know people could move that quickly! 

No comments:

Post a Comment