Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Tuesdays are tough days

Tuesday is almost over and that is something I am happy about. Today may have been the longest Tuesday ever, except for last Tuesday, which was also quite long since it masqueraded as Monday after a 3 day weekend. Does anyone else feel like Tuesdays might just be worse than Mondays?

In any case, I opted to try to turn this Tuesday around with some pinot, Bananagrams with the roommates, and a little ingredient-improvisation to create some cheesecake marbled brownies:


I used this recipe, but substituted 9 tablespoons of cocoa (I have no idea what normal-person measurement that equates to, but I googled unsweetened chocolate substitute and it said 3 tablespoons cocoa and 1 tablespoon butter for every ounce) and 3 extra tablespoons of Earth Balance (I also didn't have butter since my vegan roommates are slowly swaying my food choices). They were still pretty unbelievable, because it turns out, chocolate is pretty much chocolate--unless you are an actual chef or real food blogger and have money to splurge on fancy things like high quality ingredients. If you are more like me, Albertson's brand cocoa powder will do just fine. 

Moral of the story: brownies with cheesecake swirled in and melty chocolate chips on top can actually fix pretty much anything. 

In other news, I ventured out to my home territory of the Inland Empire (exactly as glamorous as it sounds) for an outdoor Mumford & Sons concert this weekend with some of my favorite people and it was pretty great. 


Kenda and Jessica, two of my favorite ladies on the planet, plus photobomb guy in the background, who I guess also seems pretty cool

 The whole concert, I was complaining wondering aloud about why they weren't turning on the twinkly lights. Turns out they later synchronized the lights to the music, almost as if a professional somewhere planned it rather than listening to my insistence that things would be so much better if only the strings of lights were glowing. 

Jess, Kenda and I all brought our older siblings for a full-blown family fest!

Even though the night ended with a solid two and a half hours stuck trying to exit the parking lot, the concert itself was pretty fabulous, and made me wish I had more outdoor concerts planned for the summer! If anyone would like to take me to Outside Lands or a similar event, I am now accepting invitations.

No comments:

Post a Comment