Tuesday, March 20, 2012

(Relatively) easy cinnamon rolls

Baking has always been one of my favorite things to do. Well, it would probably be more fair to say that eating baked goods has always been one of my favorite activities, but eating the ones I bake myself is even better. Over the years, this has ranged from a remarkably precocious attempt at chocolate cream puffs when I was 11 or so to single-handedly keeping the fridge stocked with classic chocolate chip cookie dough in high school.

And then there's my more recent incarnation as a baker, a persona that seems only to emerge when I absolutely should be doing other things: finals week. The last week or two of my life saw many more hours devoted to new recipes than to studying. Fortunately, with only two classes on my plate last quarter and minimal work during finals week, I made time for just enough studying balanced out by far, far too much cooking and baking.

But regardless of where my time should or should not have been spent, the point is, I successfully created possibly the most delicious cinnamon rolls ever. There are still enough recipes in the world that I've never tried that I'm inordinately proud of the ones that turn out successfully, to the point where I may or may not send my mom pictures of every new pastry for guaranteed approval.

I mean, look at these babies.


I made them from this recipe, and while I wouldn't exactly call them "Everyday" cinnamon rolls, they weren't difficult and the results were more than worth it. Oh, and if you want to try them, do not ignore the tip of using dental floss to cut the rolls! So handy and so simple. The things you learn from hours of recipe-trolling. 

I won't bother reposting the recipe as it's very clearly explained elsewhere, with better step-by-step photos, but I will leave you with a few more pictures of these morsels of cinnamony-goodness, mostly because I want to look at them and dream about the day that I'll make them again. Although, who am I kidding, that day will probably be sometime this week. 




No comments:

Post a Comment